This special Veteran’s Day event will bring together researchers, veterans, clinicians, cannabis industry professionals, and advocates to discuss the state of the evidence related to medical cannabis access for veterans. Findings from the 2019 veterans’ health and medical cannabis study will be presented by Dr. Marion McNabb, with a highlight of those veterans who report that cannabis is helpful for treating PTSD. We will also feature a special panel discussion organized by veteran and advocate Stephen Mandile with a group of veterans from across the country to share their unique experiences with medical cannabis.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Quality of life improvement with the access and choice to medical cannabis.
- Education for a healthy, sustainable life with integrative health practices.
- Public health and educational resources for veterans and those who take care of them.
- Understand how veterans report using medical cannabis to manage their health conditions and symptoms from research findings, with a specific focus on PTSD
- Learn the perspective of veterans accessing medical cannabis under VA care, including barriers and facilitators
- Understand the role of veteran caregivers in alternative treatments including medical cannabis.
Who Should Attend:
- General public, Veterans, Families with Veterans, Researchers, Health Care Professionals, Legislators, Caregivers, Community Leaders, Cannabis Industry, Wellness Industry.
For any questions please contact Martha Devia: firstname.lastname@example.org